If you want to optimize your success on one of the biggest social media platforms, you’ll need to determine the best time to post on YouTube.
Many tips on successful social media campaigns focus heavily on the quality of the content provided. While yes, you cannot achieve success without it, the posting schedule can have just as much to do with a successful video as the quality itself.
Check out this guide to find out how to determine when’s the best time to upload on Youtube.
Understanding YouTube’s Impact
YouTube is a social media giant when it comes to video content. It has over 2.7 billion monthly users worldwide and even launched the careers of some of the biggest influencers in the world.
Brands can use YouTube to address several of their needs, from marketing to improving brand reputation and even selling more products. But the success you’ll see with the social media platform may come down to your ability to choose the best time to upload YouTube videos.
Unraveling the Timing Puzzle
Timing, together with quality content, can increase your content visibility and lead to a successful YouTube campaign.
You can optimize your strategy if you identify the best day, and even hour to publish your content, which will give your videos the best chances to be viewed. Determining these optimal times requires looking at:
- Audience behavior: First, consider when your followers are most active on the platform, and try to adapt your posting schedule to ensure that every time you publish a new video, your target is there waiting.
- Time zones: If your audience is divided into multiple time zones, you may need to consider the optimal hour for the majority of your followers to enhance visibility. You can also post YoutTube shorts and other social media posts at different hours to promote your content for other important time zones.
- Content trends: You should also take a step back and look at the overall YouTube trends for your specific type of content, to ensure your video gets more visibility outside your followers list.
Navigating the Landscape of YouTube Shorts
YouTube Shorts are 60-second videos posted on a separate feed. If your strategy includes this type of content, remember that the best time to post YouTube shorts can be vastly different than full-length videos.
The behavior of the user is different when consuming this type of content. They can go through several bite-sized videos to be entertained, find out quick information, or just pass the time. Watching a full-length video requires more of their attention and commitment, which is why posting times will be different.
Mastering YouTube Video Uploads
Looking at third-party data can help you get a better idea of the best time to upload a video on YouTube, but it’s crucial to take this information with a grain of salt.
For example, one survey of over 300 marketers found that the majority of responders found more success when posting in the afternoon, in the 3 pm-6 pm window. In terms of days, the best time to post on Youtube is on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, when consumers likely have more time to commit to full-length videos.
However, these numbers might not help your account gain more traction. It’s why you should look at the data from your target audience and discover key insights into their behavior, specifically.
Audience activity is directly correlated to video success, and that’s because of how the YouTube algorithm works.
Leveraging YouTube’s Algorithm
The YouTube algorithm has no idea what your video’s about so in a sense, it doesn’t care about the quality of it. But, it does look at user activity.
Here are some things the YouTube algorithm looks at:
- The number of people watching
- How much of the video they watched
- Likes and dislikes
- Regional context such as the language of the video and posting time
The more your audience engages with a video, the more likely the algorithm will recommend it to people with similar interests.
Therefore, you should not be making videos to address the algorithm, but make content specifically for your audience, and post it at a time when they’re more likely to engage with it.
Mandala AI’s Time Analytics
Mandala AI removes all the guesswork and reveals the actual best time to post on YouTube seamlessly.
Our Time Analytics tool was initially designed for Facebook marketing but grew as a powerful all-social media tracking and analyzing tool, including YouTube. Through it, you can monitor post engagement across any social media platform you need to determine key insights about your target audience and the best time to publish YouTube videos.
Here’s how Time Analytics can enhance your YouTube marketing specifically:
- Optimize posting schedules: Our tool helps you identify the best day and time of day to post on YouTube, based on the activity of your users, or people in your niche. You can streamline your scheduling efforts and improve your strategy using data, not guessing.
- Save time: Rather than using several tools to get the information you need, Time Analytics tracks everything in a single dashboard. You or your team only need one tool to get everything.
- Enhance overall content engagement: Through this data, you can maximize the success of your content by promoting your videos at the perfect times, as underlined by the data.
Have a look at the full potential of Mandala AI’s suite and get started on a new and improved way to conduct YouTube marketing now!
Production needs alone make YouTube marketing one of the most complex efforts in a brand’s marketing strategy. But all that effort may be for nothing if you don’t identify the best times to post on YouTube for your specific audience.
Mandala AI is here to help you discover those ideal times and enhance your visibility like never before.
Discover the full potential of our AI-powered ecosystem and how it can help you make data-driven decisions with all your marketing campaigns today!