Baseball hitters aren’t the only ones who need to deal with curve balls daily; social media marketing specialists know very well that their jobs are anything but boring.
With constantly evolving consumer expectations and platform updates, posting on social media is anything but simple, at least if you want to get some benefits out of it. Not only do you have to make sure the content is effective, but the time when you post can also make or break your success.
If you’re wondering when’s the best time to post on Facebook or Meta in 2023, this resource has you covered.
The Shifting Landscape of Facebook Marketing
Meta is significantly different today compared to its meager beginnings as Facebook in 2004.
Now, the social media giant is the go-to for both consumers and businesses to fulfill almost any need you can think of, from entertainment to getting the news to even discovering new products and services.
The social media platform also makes constant changes to its algorithm to deliver better experiences for its users. But a social media manager creates the constant need to remain up-to-date on even the smallest changes, which could influence whether your content is successful or not.
And all of these algorithm changes, coupled with evolutions in customer behavior, determine the best time to post on Facebook or Meta.
Identifying the Best Time to Post on Facebook
Spoiler: there isn’t a “best time to post on Facebook or Meta”, meaning you won’t find a singular answer somewhere online.
There are some benchmarks you can consider. For example, Sundays are, on average, the worst days to post on Facebook since engagement is relatively low. An Influencer Marketing Hub analysis even found that Wednesdays are the best days to post on Facebook.
But “on average” doesn’t mean much for you and your specific target audience.
Instead, the best time is revealed by analyzing:
- Your audience: Knowing their behavior and key information about them helps you determine when they’re most likely to be active, like, share content, and more.
- Time zones: Pages that cater to multiple time zones should account for this by underpinning their primary location and leveraging it into their strategy.
- Historical engagement data: An overview of your engagement can help you notice trends and draw essential conclusions as to how your audience interacts with your social accounts.
Pinpointing the Best Day to Post on Facebook
You probably won’t be able to determine a golden hour to post your content. The best time to post on Facebook on Monday is likely different than on the weekends since user behavior can be different.
When analyzing the data, be sure to consider the stats for each day of the week to assess which days are most beneficial. You can then prioritize them in your strategy and publish special content like announcements or new products to increase post visibility.
Navigating Optimal Times for Different Engagement Metrics
Facebook peak hours may also be different depending on what specific goals you’re aiming for.
Here’s a short breakdown:
- Maximum likes: Consider the specific sub-section of your audience who would like your content most.
- Maximum comments: Find the historical data that underline when people are usually more engaged with your content since commenting requires the biggest effort out of all engagement stats.
- Maximum shares: Consider when people are usually more active, even outside your target audience, to make sure the shared posts are seen by new users.
- Overall engagement: Look at when most of your audience members are online.
Adapting to the Era of Reels
Facebook Reels work a bit differently than the content you post on your page. They have a separate feed and can be seen even if people don’t follow your Facebook page, which presents the unique opportunity to tap into a wider audience.
The best time to post Reels on Facebook is usually in the morning, as it gives your videos the best chance of gaining traction throughout the day. But you should also make sure you optimize your reels to increase engagement, which is the secret to a successful Reel strategy.
Some tips include:
- Adding closed captions
- Using real people in your videos (as opposed to stock footage)
- Capture people’s attention in the first seconds.
- Write an engaging caption.
- Add text to the screen to add more information.
Mandala AI’s Time Analytics for Facebook Marketing
With Mandala AI, you don’t have to wonder when’s the best time to upload on Facebook. Our Time Analytics tool can track this key data for you and reveal the exact times when you should be delivering content on Meta, no matter your goals.
With these in-depth reports, you can:
- Optimize content timing: Never wonder when to publish content on Facebook. The Time Analytics tool will highlight the key moments and days when your target audience is most engaged and more likely to interact with your content.
- Analyze engagement patterns: Learn everything there is to know about how people interact with your Facebook profile, when they do it, and what types of behaviors they adopt;
- Enhance your overall performance: You can take everything you learn from these reports to enhance your overall Facebook strategy or even apply it to other avenues of your marketing efforts.
Get the full picture of how Mandala AI’s Time Analytics helps you improve how you use Facebook to your advantage now, and try it out to learn everything you need to know about your audience’s behaviors.
The speed at which these social media platforms change their algorithms is often too much for marketers to handle. Factor in that audience members’ desires and wants are always evolving, and it’s easy to see that many social media marketers have a real need for engagement data that helps them fill in the blanks.
Consider Mandala AI the best way to get a clear picture of the key times you should be posting your Facebook content, right down to the day of the week and even the hour. Get started on your new Facebook posting strategy with Mandala AI today.