No other marketing effort can engage an audience, establish a business as an authority, and help increase conversions as effectively as content can.
But hitting “publish” on a new blog post once in a while won’t cut it. Good content creation needs to follow some specific steps to make sure it checks all the boxes. If you need more ideas on how to create content that works for your brand, this article can help.
What Is Content Creation?
Content creation is the process of planning and building various forms of media, such as text, images, video, and multimedia files.
Content plays a crucial role in today’s marketing landscape at all levels:
- Connecting with audiences: Quality content can be the reason why audience members first interact with your company. From here, you can build a report with them and even increase conversion rates if you nurture the relationship.
- Building brand identity: Through content, you can tell the story of who your brand is, both directly (such as the “about us” section on a site) and indirectly (through the tone of voice, level of expertise, type of content, etc.).
- Improving engagement levels: Brands that deliver useful and relevant content to their consumers can increase engagement levels and trust in their company, leading to other significant secondary benefits.
Components of Content Creation
The content creation process includes several key stages. The following tips will help you understand how to create a blog post, social media video, or any type of content you need:
Quality content is the kind that informs, engages, and is relevant for your intended consumer. It’s crucial to brainstorm different topics and choose only those that are most relevant to your target audience and can help you reach your goals.
- Creating a Content Calendar
A content calendar helps you view the content creation strategy in its entirety. You can then assess how comprehensive your content plan is, if the topics follow a logical progression, and even if there are any missing links in your strategy.
- Choosing the Right Content Format
You don’t have to produce every type of content out there. Instead, choose the formats that could help you disseminate your message and engage audiences best.
Videos and infographics are usually the best at engaging audiences, but they also require more resources during production. If your company lacks them, opting for a good blog post or simple social media content is preferable.
Depending on your team and resources, your content creation could also include several types of content formats.
- Choosing the Right Channels
Lastly, consider where your content will be promoted.
Some things to consider include:
- Where your audience is active
- The type of content you’re creating
- Where you’re most active, etc.
Crafting Engaging Content
Content will work only if it resonates with audiences and answers one of their core needs, which can be informational, navigational, or transactional.
To make your content effective, consider:
- Who your target is: Build a consumer persona and try to understand the needs and expectations of your target audience, as well as essential demographics (age, gender, location, etc.).
- Add compelling messages: Your content needs to give people a reason to act, whether it’s to convert, read more, sign up, or any other type of conversion you’re striving for. To achieve this, your content must be persuasive and tackle the specific needs and wants of your audience.
- Invest in good visuals: Even if the core of your content creation is text, visual content increases engagement and makes your blog posts easier to consume. Not to mention, visuals are key if you want to promote your content on social media.
Who Creates Content?
Content creation often requires a team of creative people working together, such as:
- Writers: Anything from a blog post to a short CTA on a Google Ad comes from the unique skills of content writers and copywriters.
- Photographers and videographers: They produce the materials needed to create visual content. In some cases, brands can also opt for stock footage to cut costs.
- Designers: They use photo and video footage to create the final product meant for the public, from the social media video to even the landing page design:
- Content creators: Brands can externalize part of their content creation by collaborating with influencers who can produce content for their audiences and bring more traffic to a company.
Tailoring Content for Social Media
Think of which social media platforms your brand uses and design content specifically for them.
These platforms encourage different user behaviors and attention spans. Moreover, some of them even make it difficult to divert users to third-party sites, like Instagram or TikTok, where you cannot add a link to every post.
Crafting Shareable Content for Social Media
Encourage users to share your social media content by:
- Using storytelling techniques that make the content more engaging.
- Strive to get an emotional response from people through your content.
- Try to be relatable and familiar.
- Make a visual impression through quality production.
Mandala AI’s Content Creation Tools
As you’ll be focusing your resources on creating quality and engaging content for social media, Mandala AI can increase its success by telling you when to post it.
Our Time Analytics monitors and analyzes post engagement across all major social media platforms or only the specific ones you’re interested in.
Some advantages of using Time Analytics in your social media content creation include:
- Analyze engagement to identify new patterns to improve your strategy.
- Ensure your hard work pays off and increases the success of your content.
- Optimize your content posting times to make sure most followers see your content.
Get to know Mandala AI’s Time Analytics and other tools now to learn how you can get real-time data to optimize content creation and other marketing efforts.
Most marketers don’t need to hear all the benefits of quality content. What they need is a way to improve the creation process to make engaging content that helps companies reach their goals. Mandala AI helps you do that through in-depth analytics delivered in real time. Use our tools to know exactly what type of content works best and when you should be publishing it!